
Today we let 6 balloons go in memory of our daughter Cate. It was really windy and one of the balloons ripped away from the string so it took off before the others but the kids still had a blast letting the other 5 go together. Each year I think it will get better, that it will be less hard but it's not. I think time has softened some of the heartache but I guess that's part of being a Mom, being a family. It's just not natural to have one of your loved one's not with you; especially your child. But we feel grateful that we can celebrate her and do this for her every year. After letting the balloons go, we went out to dinner. And as always the kids were busy and crazy and I was thinking to myself, as Bennett's diving under the table, why in the world didn't we get take-out! But it was a great night and I am grateful for how blessed I am with the family I have.