Thursday, January 7, 2010

Christmas

My side of the family.

My Grandparents and some of my cousins. Love you all!

Bryan side of the family. Yes, there are a ton! He is 1 of 11 kids. It was so great to have us ALL there this year!

Christmas vacation in Utah was good. To be honest it can be tricky trying to be with both families as much as possible but we enjoyed it so much. Our kids had a blast and want to live by their cousins and grandparents, I can't blame them. We really are blessed to have the best on both sides. I think the most touching part for me though was realizing how strong a Mother's love is. I see it in my Mom. I see it in Bryan's Mom. And I see it in me. It's been almost 6 years since we lost our daughter and the best part of my trip was watching Bryan shoveling through the snow to uncover her headstone. That's all that I cared about. That her little spot on this earth was showing. That she knows we haven't forgotten her and that I miss her as much today as I did the day I lost her. I reflected on a loving Heavenly Father and am grateful for a loving Savior that made it possible for me to have my little Cate again one day. And I am so grateful for family who take care of her little spot on this earth when I can't.
I love you.