Thursday, September 17, 2009

Surgery update...

Well it is good to be home. Surgery went really well and aside from some pain and swelling, I am feeling pretty good. They were able to leave my left ovary ( thank goodness) but had to remove my left fallopian tube that was packed with Endometriosis. It really was a mess in there and my Dr. was surprised that I had gone this long without surgery. My right ovary wasn't the pretty white color that it should have been but was brown and red. Which explains why I always had such horrible pain on my right side. Overall, the Endometriosis had done a lot of damage and I am so glad to have it out of there. I am grateful to have had such an amazing Dr. that really was so patient with me as I exhausted every option before opting to do surgery. And even as I layed on the surgery table before they put me out, with tears streaming down my face he said to me, "It's okay, you are making the right decision." I guess I have just been so worried about how life would be post surgery and if I really would feel better once I had the surgery. It still will be a little while before I know but after talking with so many girls my age and younger that have had the same surgery, every one of them said they would do it again because of how good they felt. So I am optmistic that I will feel better and hopefully get back to a normal life sooner than later. Thank you for all your prayers and support. I know it has made a difference.