Friday, November 21, 2008

Weak stomache- don't read :)

Okay, so probably one of the weirdest, most disgusting things happened yesterday. It was nice outside so I decided that Garrett, Bennett and I would head out back to play. I had just gotten to about where the slide is when I heard something drop close by, as in maybe a foot from where I was. I thought, "What the heck was that?" I immediately looked up and saw a hawk circling above me. Then I looked down and saw what the hawk had dropped. It was a headless, half eaten medium sized bird. Panicked and grossed out, I found myself somewhat pleading with the hawk to dive down and take it back. Of course no luck there, so I got a shovel, a trash bag and scooped the bird up. Then ran all the way to the trash to dispose of my nice little treasure for the day. The thought did cross my mind to take a pic to post on the blog but my desire to get rid of the thing won over! So, sorry no pic's...you'll just have to use your imagination on this one!